NewsAPOnline Updates

bb

Slide show

SP Balu Reveals His Drink And Smoke Habits

|| || || Leave a comments


Singer S P Balasubrahmanyam can be deemed as the best example for a living legend. Given the range of songs he has rendered and the number of languages he has worked, only a unique and gifted individual can do that. Recently, Balu was sharing his thoughts when he made a startling revelation.

This was in the ‘Open Heart With RK’ program in the ABN channel. Balu revealed about his smoking habit which was on for twenty years. He mentioned “I smoked for twenty years and drink even now but I don’t suggest it is a good thing for anyone. I am not sure why it happened but it is not at all advisable.”

He added “I have quit smoking now but the drinking is on. As such, smoking takes a toll on your lungs and you cannot breathe rightly which is very important for a singer. But god’s grace it didn’t affect me.” For another question, Balu revealed “Theoretically I don’t know ABC of Sangeetam. I used to prepare then and there and render the song. It is only destiny