NewsAPOnline Updates

bb

Slide show

Bipasha Basu gets a song named after her

|| || || Leave a comments

Bipasha Basu has joined a special group. The sultry actor now has a song named after herself in the upcoming film, Jodi Breakers, also starring R. Madhavan.

“Yes, I have a song now. But I think, as kids, we are more excited about having a song named after us,” says Bips with a laugh.

The actor also insists she has always been wary of having her character or a song named Bipasha. “If we have a certain name in films or songs, they become very popular. So, I was known as Billo for the longest time. Over the years, a lot of filmmakers asked if they could name my character Bipasha or make a song with the name in it, but I have always been apprehensive about it,” she says.

Bipasha, incidentally, means ‘deep, dark desire’. “It’s a tough decision. As actors, we give away so much to the business,” she says, but adds that she loves the song. “Salim-Sulaiman first made the composition and presented it to me. I really love their works. And I made my manager, family members and friends listen to it, and everyone simply loved it,” she says.

Choreographed by Bosco-Ceaser, Bips also worked on her styling. She says, “My stylist Shyamalee and I worked on it because I work on my looks myself.”