NewsAPOnline Updates

bb

Slide show

No one can compete with me: Poonam Pandey

|| || || Leave a comments
Strip queen Poonam Pandey confirms that she will soon be seen in a leading role in a film that is loosely based on her life. The 20-year-old model reveals that the movie will feature a rookie actor alongside her.

Sources say that Poonam is currently in negotiations with a production house to sign her as a leading lady in a movie and that the model is working out the monetary details. "We are yet to confirm whether I will do two or three films with them," says Poonam, adding, "My role in the film is quite glamorous and the character is very close to what I am in real life."

Will she prove that she is more than just a bombshell? "I promise to get dirtier than Vidya Balan in The Dirty Picture," she laughs, adding, "I don't think there is any bikini left in the world that I haven't worn. I can even shop in a bikini and, of course, if the role demands it, I will wear one too. I want to do something no one in the industry has ever done before," says Poonam.

Will Poonam be able to hold her own in an industry flooded with international model-turned-actors such as Angela Jonsson, Amy Jackson and Lisa Haydon? "These are all firangi faces and they are clearly not my competition. I am not making these statements because I am overconfident, but because I know that no one can compete with me," she maintains.

The model reveals that she began taking acting classes early on in her modelling days. "But it is belly-dancing that got me really moving. Though I've received a lot of offers to do item numbers, I am not keen to make it big that way," says Poonam. And even though she doesn't have a wishlist of actors to work with, there is one star she's sold on working with. "I would love to do a film with Ranbir Kapoor," she signs off.